Friday 30 May 2014

Pumpkin Thai Curry

Pumpkin is not a favorite vegetable in my house except for my daughter sangeetha. So, I do not have many receipes on this. Today, I wanted to try something different than the normal style of cooking. I came across this receipe , that is  Pumpkin Thai Curry. I made this curry vegetarian. If you want it to be non vegetarian, I think prawns would be fine. Definately want to make this again when sanggi is down for holidays.
 
It is quite simple and I had all the ingredients so this is it....


The ingredients....

Pumpkin                       -  2 cups
Cherry tomatoes.          - 4
A few daun limau perut or kafir leaves
Lime                              - 1 or more as you wish
Red chillies.                   - also as you wish

Curry paste

Onion paste                 - 2 teaspoon.  )
Garlic paste                 - 1 teaspoon.  )
Ginger paste                - 1 teaspoon.  ) 
Lengkuas/ galangal     -  1 teaspoon
Paste.                                                )
2 teaspoon coriander powder.           )
2 teaspoon curry powder.                  )
Half teaspoon turmeric powder.         )   Mix all these ingredients with about 1 cup of water

I cup of coconut milk
Salt to taste

Method

Pour the paste in a wok and let it come to a boil , add in the pumpkin and more water to allow the pumpkin to cook. Throw in the daun limau perut.  Once the pumpkin is cooked add in the cherry tomatoes. I used cherry tomates because of its sweet taste. You may use the normal tomates. Add the chopped red chillies and enough lime juice to give it a slight sourish taste. Lastly add the coconut milk and turn off. The curry is ready. 






No comments:

Post a Comment