Saturday 14 September 2013

Andhra Mango Pickles

Today's project is marinating andhar mango pickles, 

Pickles are a must in my house. Always used to get the ready made bottled pickles from the shops. However you will not find this authentic andhar mango pickles. Whenever any members of my family visit India, especially going to Andhara Pradesh, Visakapattanam we never return without these pickles. We can get a variety of them there.

So, today preparing pickles......          

The credit goes to my dear amma because its from her that I picked up the receipe. The process is quite tedious. First you have to get green young mangoes, cut and marinated with salt with our weather  shinning one moment and cloudy the next. It took me a few days. It's now done and waiting to be stored. Hope tomorrow will be sunny also because need to sun the pickles and after about 2  weeks will be ready to be served. For now this is how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment