Friday 1 August 2014

Our little angle....Deveish Vengkat



Let me introduce my new family member, my dearest Deveish Vengkat, my first grand son. This little angle came into my clan on 1st, July 2014. His proud parents, my daughter Rekha and son in law Jaya. 
This is him an hour after birth....


You will not believe this, being a parent is a wonderful experience, however having a grandson is something more than words can express. I am not a very baby person. My 2 kids were taken care by my mum. Sanggi my third , was the one that we looked after.  I always had a fear to bathe  these little angels..they are so, fragile....with Deveish...it came naturally. 

Indian families always have this special oil bath for the baby and mum on the 9th day. Every family will have their own way and rituals. It only made me more confused. Holy god, thanks to the net...where I got some good info which I used with the advice of family members and friends and this is a typical indian baby bath of course. I did not massage so much as I remember my mum would have done...but it was fun and also scary .....however all went well and now I am more confident


The bath starts with first boiling some special herbs overnight for the new mum and baby., once they are ready, the baby will be given a massage with gingelly oil. Special paste made from green peas and rice and some sandal wood powder and turmeric paste whichi has  to be grinder from dried turmeric. The mum too will be given this massage and hot shower.

After the bath we have to give him this process, to dry his hair, we add some neem oil , turmeric powder, and some Omam, the smoke he inhale will be of medicinal value to his lungs and stomach too.

After the massage and nice herbal bath baby is looking fresh and happy.



This is the little angle who without any words can make us jump and twist us with his little cry and smile and sweet mmmmm......love u my dear grand son .....mush.....from your tata and ammama. 


No comments:

Post a Comment